21 March 2013
CNIM at the ITER Business Forum 2013
Presentation on radial plates by the CNIM-SIMIC Franco-Italian consortium, Thursday 21 March 2013.
In December 2012 SIMIC-CNIM was awarded the contract for the manufacture of 70 radial plates for ITER. This contract is one of the biggest European contributions to the development of the ITER magnet system. Read more here.
The ITER Business Forum is being organized by the ILO (Industrial Liaison Officers) network with the support of ITER Organization, Fusion for Energy (F4E), ITER France, the Department for Industry (DGCIS), the Var Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Toulon Office of Tourism, Toulon Town Council, the Toulon Provence Mediterranean Community, the Conseil Général of Var and the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Region.
The aims of IBF/13 are:
- to provide European industry with updated information on ITER status, procurement procedures and forthcoming calls for tenders (2013-2014)
- to improve mutual knowledge between the ITER project and industrialists (better knowledge by ITER of industrial capacities and experience, better knowledge by industry of project needs and constraints)
- to facilitate industrial partnerships within Europe and internationally (consortia to answer calls for tenders, partnerships with local companies)
- to facilitate contacts between fusion research laboratories and industry
- to facilitate recruitment by industry, ITER and Euratom Associations of young graduates trained in nuclear fusion technologies (EFDA Goal Oriented Training programme)