Context and challenges
CNIM’s absorption equipment is designed for energy producers, network operators (heating or cooling), the oil, gas, chemical and petrochemical sectors, and industrial companies in the maritime and agri-food industries.
Industrial companies are looking for ways to improve their production processes, reduce their consumption of energy and limit their environmental impacts. By converting low-temperature heat rejection into usable energy, CNIM’s absorption machines reduce the consumption of fossil fuels in industrial production processes. The result is an optimization of the commissioning and operation of their equipment, a reduction in running costs and a lowering of greenhouse gas emissions.
CNIM’s absorption equipment enables customers to:
- improve energy efficiency and productivity
- improve the availability and reliability of processes
- reduce consumption of fossil fuels
- reduce operating costs
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
More than 30 years of expertise
CNIM’s absorption machines are absorption technology developed by INVEN GmbH, a former Germany subsidiary of ENTROPIE, a company bought by CNIM in 2014. Absorption equipment based on INVEN-ENTROPIE technology has been marketed around the world since the end of the 1980s.
They can be powered and cooled by any fluid
Our two main ranges of absorption machines are:
Absorption heat pump
Our standard offerings
- Individual cooling power: from 200 kW to 10 MW
- Duplex tubes that are resistant to corrosion and erosion
- Integrated system for preventing crystallization
- Automatic purging system without the need for a mechanical vacuum pump
- Low electricity consumption, around 1% of the cooling power
- Hermetically-sealed unit, including the pumps
- Design and manufacturing according to PED and ASME codes (CODAP, AD2000, EN13445)
- Online purge, to reduce the consumption of chemical products for limiting clogging
- Cooling with dirty or polluted water (e.g. from rivers or lakes)
- Cooling with seawater: titanium tubes in the absorber and condenser
- ATEX equipment
- Free choice over the type and brand of PLC and communication protocol
- Direct integration with the DCS of a plant without PLCs
- High level of availability with redundant instruments and pumps
- Maritime units certified by Lloyd’s Register, DNV-GL or Bureau Veritas for on-board installations (resistance to vibration and allowances made for platform movements)
For more information, contact us!