CNIM and its subsidiaries are committed to support trade and competitiveness clusters which aim to structure regional R&D activities.
The Group experts actively contribute to these organizations.
Environment and energy
- ADEME International Club (ADEME: French Environment and Energy Management Agency).
- AMORCE (National Association of Communities, Associations and Businesses for Waste, Energy and Heating Network Management).
- ASTEE (Scientific and Technical Association for Water and the Environment).
- ATEE (Energy Environment Technical Association).
- CEWEP (Confederation of European Waste to Energy Plants).
- ESA (Environmental Services Association).
- ESWET (European Suppliers of Waste to Energy Technology).
- FBE (France Biomass Energy).
- FEAD (European Federation for Pollution and Environmental Activities).
- FEDENE (Energy Environment Services Federation).
- FNADE (French Federation for Pollution Control and Environmental Activities).
- ISWA (International Solid Waste Association).
- MEDEF (French employers’ federation).
- MEDEF International (French employers’ federation).
- SER (Authority on Renewable Energy).
- SNIDE (French National Union of Designers and Builders in the Waste Industries).
- SVDU (French National Syndicate for Treatment and Recovery of Urban and Assimilated Waste).
- GICAN (French Marine Industries Group), where CNIM acts as vice-chair of the scientific & technical and mid-sized enterprise/SME committees. CNIM also takes part in the GICAN-led Océan 21 structuring program for the French shipbuilding business.
- CMF (French Maritime cluster).
Defense and terrestrial security
- GICAT (French Defense and Land and Air/Land Security Industries Group).
- AIFEN (French Association of Nuclear Exporters), which represents over 300 French businesses and major organizations (GIIN, Nucleopolis, PFCE, PFME and PNB) covering the entire nuclear cycle.
- GIIN (Confederation of the Nuclear Industry), a spokesman body for industry associations and organizations in the nuclear sector.
- SFEN (French Nuclear Energy Association).
- PFCE (China-France Electricity Partnership). PFCE aims to promote the long-term involvement of French midcaps and SMEs in the construction of the Chinese nuclear program.
- PFME (France Global Electricity Partnership), which brings together suppliers to EDF’s French nuclear program.
NBC threat detection
- GIE Défense NBC, which brings together the main French businesses active in the NRBCE (nuclear, radiation, biological, chemical and explosive) sector.
- HexaTrust, an association of experts in IT security, cybersecurity and digital trust which responds to the needs of companies, governments and public and private organizations seeking to benefit from innovative French solutions for the full range of their IT security requirements.
- CLUSIF (French IT Security Club).
- CECyF (French Center of Expertise on Cybercrime).
- IRT SystemX (technological research institute).
- ACN (Digital Trust Alliance).
Horizon H2020, Europe's new framework program for research and innovation
- Horizon 2020 (“H2020”) aims at funding scientific and industrial projects. It has three pillars: scientific excellence, industrial leadership and societal challenges. With a budget of €79 billion, Horizon 2020 was launched on January 1, 2014, for a period of 7 years.
The CNIM Group and its subsidiaries aspire to achieve a leading position in the last two pillars, specifically through projects in the following areas:
- energy, especially the development and full-scale demonstration of renewable energy sources such as concentrated solar power and energy storage;
- the physical and digital security of Society and citizens;
- the digital transformation industry and the factories of the future;
- space global surveillance and launch vehicles.
- Cap Énergies, whose purpose is to control energy consumption and work on the shift toward non-greenhouse-gas-generating energy sources.
- EMC2, which works on advanced production technologies.
- Mediterranean Sea cluster, an international landmark in the maritime and coastal sector.
- Optitec, an international landmark in the maritime and coastal sector.
- Route des lasers cluster, active in photonics.
- Systematic cluster, active at the crossroads of eight company-level technological markets (transport, energy, telecoms, security, health, smart cities, information technology and the factory of the future) and two general technological fields (free software and complex systems).